With the arrest of two desperate snatchers cum thieves named Azruddin Khan Age-20 years and Mohd. Abid age-21 years, the staff of Police station Daryaganj have solved 15 cases of snatchings/ thefts/ MV- Theft of Central, North, East and South East Districts.
THE INCIDENT :
During the last few days many incidents of snatching were taking place by two motorcycle borne men at Ring road, Outer Ring road, JLN Marg and other places. As they drive motorcycle very fast, catching them at the spot was very difficult. On 20.07.20 one person alleged that his mobile was snatched from the pocket of his shirt by two motorcycle borne youth near Rajghat. Accordingly a case of was registered at Police Station Darya Ganj vide FIR dated 20.06.20 under section 356/379/34.
To work out this case and other snatching cases a special team led by SHO/Inspector Rakesh Sharma comprising SI Sonal Raj, SI Ravinder Kumar, PSI Vineet, HC Vinod Kumar No.524/C and Ct. Sanjeev No.2048/C was deployed under the supervision of Sh. Veer Singh, ACP/Daryaganj Central District Delhi.
INVESTIGATION AND INTERROGATION :
On checking technically it was found that the snatched mobile was switched off at New Usmanpur area. Staff of Police Station Darya Ganj checked CCTV footage near Shanti Van/ Rajghat Chowk and shown the same to the complainant. The complainant identified one motorcycle in CCTV footage of Shanti Van.
Staff also checked CCTV footage in many lanes of New Usmanpur area as per the last location point. Staff identified one similar motorcycle in one CCTV footage of one of the lanes of Usmanpur. They got clue and after keeping watch in that area for 2-3 days, they nabbed two above named snatchers.
During interrogations, it came to notice that Allauddin was the Kingpin of the Gang. He used to provide resources like motorcycles to many snatchers and he also give training to new snatchers by sending them with trained snatchers. He sends snatchers including Azruddin and Abid to different locations for snatchings. Snatchers used to hand over snatched items to Allauddin and get money in return from him. On their instance 4 stolen motorcycles (stolen from PS Gandhi Nagar, Shakarpur, Kotla Mubarakpur, Jama Masjid) and three snatched mobile (including one in the above case) have been recovered. Total 15 cases of snatchings/ thefts/ MVTs of Central, North, East and South Districts have been solved.
On further interrogation, they admitted to have committed a number of thefts of motorcycle and snatchings of mobile phone and other things from different parts of Delhi. Accordingly they were arrested under section 356/379/411/34 IPC.
1. One M/Cycle make pulsar 200 CC NS found stolen from PS Gandhi Nagar,
2. One M/Cycle make pulsar 135 CC LS found stolen from PS Kotla Mubarak pur,
3. One M/Cycle make Discover 135 CC LS found stolen from PS Jama Masjid,
4. One M/Cycle make Yamaha R-15 found stolen from PS Shakar pur
5. Three mobile phone (including case property of above case i.e. One plus 8)
List of Solved Cases :
1. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S Jama Masjid, Delhi.
2. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S Kotla Mubara
3. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S. Shakarpur, Delhi.
4. FIR U/s 356/379/34 IPC P.S. IP Estate, Delhi.
5. FIR U/s 356/379/34 IPC P.S. IP Estate, Delhi.
6. FIR U/s 356/379/34 IPC P.S. IP Estate, Delhi.
7. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S.Kotwali, Delhi.
8. FIR U/s 356/379/34 IPC P.S. IP Estate, Delhi.
9. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S. Kotwali , Delhi.
10. FIR U/s 356/379/34 IPC P.S. IP Estate, Delhi.
11. E-FIR U/s 379 IPC P.S. Kotwali, Delhi.
12. FIR U/S 356/379/34 IPC PS Daryaganj, Delhi.
13. E-FIR U/S 379 IPC PS Daryaganj, Delhi.
14. FIR m U/S 356/379/34 IPC PS Daryaganj, Delhi.
15. FIR U/S 356/379/34 IPC PS Daryaganj, Delhi.
Further investigation is in progress and efforts are being made to nab the kingpin of the gang and other associates.